Our journey started in a basement in Stockholm and today we are one of Scandinavian’s leading bag brand with a strong position within sustainability – a journey ridden by the fact that everything is possible and requires a great deal of courage and accountability, and it ́s only the beginning. At Sandqvist we create a better and more beautiful way to carry by making high quality sustainable products in Scandinavian style for everyday use.
Sandqvist now enters the next phase of this exciting journey, increasing its focus and expansion, strengthen the team.
In this role as Product Manager you will have the responsibility to develop and produce high quality products in close collaboration with our design team. This responsibility holds from receiving the assortment plan through to the sales samples being priced, delivered to the show- rooms and ready to go in production.
This position reports to the Head of Product & Production and will have commitments that require travelling on a regular basis to suppliers.
The employment is as parental leave cover for approximately 12 months, starting February 2019 or as soon as possible.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Manage development critical paths from initial design through to shipping SMS within the allocated delivery window
- Responsible for the “material base” in the office and the ongoing development and sourcing of fabrics and trims
- Responsible for comments on the various development samples from proto stage to pre- production stage
- Work together with design to ensure we keep the created assortment plan signed off by CEO
- Responsible to keep prototype development deadlines and SMS delivery
- Assure the highest quality of your product category
- Manage the costing process and analysis of margins and decide in creating negotiation
strategies towards suppliers
- Partner with the head of production and allocate styles between factories to ensure the highest
possible standard of make while achieving target CMT and FOB prices in accordance with
the collection’s range plan
- Work with product/design/supply team to ensure standard processes across teams/divisions
- Work closely with quality team and CSR manager to ensure all quality requirements
- Responsible for the product data input and continuous updates in the PLM system
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers and communicate on day-to-day operations
- Ongoing assessment of existing supplier base and sourcing of new suppliers
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Academic degree, from business school and/or textile education.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a product development role preferably from high
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel and basic knowledge
of Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- Experience and technical knowledge in textile
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and with our suppliers
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through & time management skills
- The ability to take initiative and to prioritize work tasks
- An action oriented attitude with a proactive approach to problem solving and
- Experienced in working with European/Asian suppliers and manufactures
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to submit your application as soon as possible.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Anna Beltrami Gabrielsson
+46 (0) 760 228 222
Sandqvist produces bags and accessories for an urban lifestyle and everyday use. Sandqvist was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2004. Today, the brand is available in over 35 countries, with a strong online presence and own concepts stores, at the moment located in Stockholm, Göteborg, London and Berlin. Sandqvist has about 50 employees with a head office in Stockholm. We have received several awards for both outstanding design and entrepreneurship.