HEAD OF PRODUCT & PRODUCTION
Our journey started in a basement in Stockholm and today we are one of Scandinavian’s leading bag brand with a strong position within sustainability – a journey ridden by the fact that everything is possible and requires a great deal of courage and accountability, and it ́s only the beginning. At Sandqvist we create a better and more beautiful way to carry by making high quality sustainable products in Scandinavian style for everyday use.
Sandqvist now enters the next phase of this exciting journey, increasing its focus and expansion, strengthen the team with exciting new roles. To enable this expansion, we are now looking for a Head of Product & Production.
Head of Product & Production will have the responsible to engage, lead and coach a team to re- ceive set goals during the development and production. Securing that a competitive range of high quality bags and accessories are developed, sourced and produced, meeting on time delivery.
This position reports to CEO and requires extensive travel to suppliers.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for and manage all operation related to production.
- Responsible for planning production and capacities with manufacturers.
- Responsible for purchasing bulk fabrics and raw material orders as well as pre-booking
and estimation results, in collaborations with product- and supply team.
- Responsible for managing bulk productions to on-time delivery in collaborations with
product- and supply team.
- Responsible for factory allocation taking in mind collection price range and quality.
- Oversee the costing process and analysis of margins per product category with product
manager and decide on negotiation strategies towards suppliers.
- Finalize price negotiate with manufacturers in relation to expected volumes.
- Finalize negotiate on material and production costs with suppliers as applicable.
- Responsible for delivery dates in collaboration with the product team and maintain
close cooperation with supply team for product deliveries.
- Working closely with quality and CSR manager to ensure all quality requirements are achieved.
- Ensuring that all suppliers and manufacturers are working within specified terms
- Monitoring seasonal growth and work flow with existing factories.
- Maintain close cooperation with supply department for the deliveries of the products.
- Maintain close collaboration with suppliers and sub-suppliers including on-site visits
- Responsible for ongoing assessment of existing supplier base and sourcing of new suppliers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Academic degree, from business school and/or textile education.
- Experience of working within a product department for at least 10 years, preferable from
high quality brands, responsible for development, sourcing, production and quality control.
- Highly technical knowledge in constructions and materials.
- Outstanding communication skills in written and spoken English, additional language skill
is a merit.
- Extensive experienced in working with European/Asian suppliers and manufactures.
- People management -able to engage, lead and coach a team.
- Flexible, energetic, organized and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to submit your application as soon as possible.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Anna Beltrami Gabrielsson
Sandqvist produces bags and accessories for an urban lifestyle and everyday use. Sandqvist was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2004. Today, the brand is available in over 35 countries, with a strong online presence and own concepts stores, at the moment located in Stockholm, Göteborg, London and Berlin. Sandqvist has about 50 employees with a head office in Stockholm. We have received several awards for both outstanding design and entrepreneurship.